Thursday 18 February 2010

STERILISING BOTTLES.....NOT

It's not necessary to sterilise bottles, just wash with hot soapy water and rinse well.

Well I wasn't saying that, until a mum with 6 week premature twins left the UCHL and was told that, so she never sterilised their bottles. They are now over 2 years old.

They don't sterilise in Scandinavia, America or Australia and probably other countries I don't know about as well.

Then yesterday, I was at a private maternity hospital and was told by a nurse from Great Ormond Street Hospital, that it was good enough to clean with soap and hot water.
Hearing that was music to my ears!

Of course, the government publicly line is geared to the lowest common denominator (as I have said before), so I cannot advocate the non-use of sterilisers professionally; but secretly... I think it!

No comments:

Post a Comment