Monday 8 February 2010

COLIC AND TREATMENT

I went back to look after a former baby last night.

She had a Ventouse birth. (Being pulled out by a doctor using a vacuum sucker).

She has a problem with winding and it takes quite a time to get her fully winded so that she will lie down on her back and go to sleep.
I first encountered this with my own 3rd baby.

At the time I was married to a Chiropractor and the Danish government had done some research on colic and the Atlas bone in the neck. The Atlas affects the sympathetic nervous system (fright and flight and digestion).

What happens when a baby is pulled out, whilst doing a corkscrewing manoeuvre, is that the Atlas can be displaced.

Cranial Paediatric practitioners can re-adjust the Atlas and after my baby had her's put back in alignment, she slept soundly.

A word of warning though....
ONLY go to a properly trained person who is a trained Paediatric Cranial practitioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment