Tuesday 5 January 2010

WEIGHT GAIN AFTER BIRTH

I have had a wonderful break and refreshed and ready for work.

The evening before I went, I spent a couple of hours with my next client when she came out of hospital and she now tells me that the baby has gained more weight.
Clever lady, as babies loose weight after birth and as long as they have gained back to their birth weight again after 10 days, all is going well.

When I had my babies, we had days in hospital, (whether it was private or NHS, all mine were NHS) and we were shown most of what we needed to know.
Unfortunately, giving birth is now like a conveyor belt and mums are tossed out to find out and fend for themselves.

That is one reason for me to be here; to give help to those who have not been shown the ropes.

One piece of advice I left my first-time mum the other day was:-

Whether breast or bottle feeding, I reckon it's 50% feeding and 50% winding.
If you can get the wind out soon after the feed, it will not travel down the digestive system and cause discomfort and bother later on.
Sometimes it may even be 25% feeding and 75% winding!!

There is no hard and fast rule as all little people are different, but.. winding is a MUST.

So back to work with this lovely family in the morning after a wonderful break at a healing retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment