Saturday 30 January 2010

DADDY TIME

Well goodness, like-minded people with websites and blogs are coming thick and fast.

Had another Twitter follower again yesterday and another informative site giving advice to breast feeding mums, offering classes and help.

Of course, I give breastfeeding advice too and some of my jobs just focus around that; but I also feel I should give free advice to those who need it.
Last year, I flew to Doha in Qatar for a week to help with a breastfeeding problem. Lovely family and we still keep in touch and I love to see their photos on Facebook.

On the breastfeeding consultants blog, she wrote about fathers being given more paternity leave, so I replied with one of my tips for dads who needed to get to work, saying this:-

"I find many fathers who would love to have more time with their new baby, but working pressures do not allow for it.

What I do in these circumstances, is to try and find a regular time when dad can get home and then teach him to bath his baby before bed.

This has two great achievements:-
One, dad has one to one quality time with his child and his baby gets to know that this is their special time of day; and
Two, this gives mum some time to do something else.

The fathers who do this, arrive home from work with a smile on their faces, looking forward to that special time that awaits them."

The original blog I replied to was:- http://www.letsbreastfeed.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment